Electric piano

kam@flash.net kam@flash.net
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 00:29:26 -0600

>...    It is a great day in a tech's life when they have generated enough
>professional work to say "no more spinets or consoles" and specialize in
>grands...
>Ed Foote RPT

Ed, List,

I fail to comprehend your reasoning, Ed.

In less I greatly misunderstand you, to imply specializing in grands as
some type of intended goal and as being professional work, and the other
type work you mention as something other, is not rational thought.  While
specializing in grands can be its own reward for some, I could never
consider it a great day to reach that place, and that place only, unless
that became a specific calling.

All the places, people, and pianos I would miss out on experiencing to be
*that* professional.  Why just yesterday, bringing back to life that
ultimately, warm sounding Baldwin Acrosonic that belonged to the lady's
mother, while sitting in their brand new home they built in the middle of a
winter forest with windows galore, having me park in their garage so I
wouldn't slip on the ice ...  That was part of a great day!

I am grateful there are those who do specialize in specific areas where the
need exists, but it's certainly not for everyone, nor a necessarily,
desirable goal either.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician