EU Yamaha / American Yamaha

Barrie Heaton Piano@a440.co.uk
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 14:00:28 +0000

In article <003501c0768a$6fcc5380$9600000a@computer>, D.Martens
<cybertuner@planet.nl> writes
>    Hi List,
>    Does anyone know if the American Yamaha's have the same
>    stringscaling  and strings as the European Yamaha's , and, if not, how
>    it affects the tuningresults when using a PT100. ?
>
>    Duncan

I can only comment on the Yamaha  Uprights made in the UK the bass
string are made in the [1] USA the steel strings are German, and the
scaling is in metric.  80% of production is for export mainly to the
EEC.  The strong pound would make them expensive for the US market but I
could be wrong as a lot of Kembles are shipped to the US.

Barrie,

  [1] only the Yamahas made in the UK  have US made base strings and a
lot of testing was done before Japan allowed it.

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/
AcryliKey Ivory Repair System UK ©              http://www.acrylikey.co.uk/