Electric piano

Roy Ulrich ulrich@rangenet.com
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 16:10:59 -0600

The fact that this phrase got daylight so soon after "Maria's" trip to =
the woodshed for using the "S" word just got me giggling - sorry, old =
memories. It was in fact in about 1980 that Yours Truly was a CW2 Admin =
Officer for an Army Armor Battalion. At the time we had a training and =
S-3 Lieutenant who favored the generous use of "tits up" to the point of =
one of the female enlistees within my  Admin section complaining of the =
phrase, resulted in a direct order from the Battallion Commander to =
cease and desist usage of the phrase amoung Battallion staff. That as I =
recall was about the beginning of the political correct BS and someone =
had to take action.

Yup. It was replaced - with "nipples north". Gee I miss those guys....

You can call me Teabag
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Brekne=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2001 2:38 PM
  Subject: Re: Electric piano

   =20
  John Ross wrote:=20

    Hi List,=20
    It is a common expression to me. In the Navy if something, ceased =
working,=20
    it was said to be tits up.=20
    Just imagine something being dead, and the position it is normally =
in, when=20
    so.=20
    Regards,=20
    John M. Ross=20
    Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada

  Correcto!!  It is a US Navy  expression... or at least thats where I =
heard it first. The way I got it was that origionally thats what certain =
ships looked like when they went belly up.  Belly up just didnt describe =
the sight correctly so .... "tits up" came into being.=20

  Btw Ed... thanks for the call to cut me some slack... but being =
American born and raised I knew what I was saying.=20

  Nobody can seriously take offence at THAT expression now can they ? I =
mean what kind of connections does one have to make in their brains to =
arrive at the conclusion that these are.... shsshhhhhh  "dirty words" . =
:)=20
   =20

    =20
    > >>Oh, oh - that must be a Norway-ism....=20
    >=20
    > Richard! Secure your flame suit!!>>=20
    >=20
    > Greetings,=20
    >    Yall cut him some slack,now.  It isn't realistic to think that =
all=20
    > nationalities can keep abreast of what is PC in America.=20
    > Regards,=20
    > Ed Foote
  --=20
  Richard Brekne=20