Capstans

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 17:13:00 +0100

A440A@AOL.COM wrote:

> Terry writes:
>
> << My point was that action geometry is not a
>
> component of Stanwood's patents (I believe that to be true).>>
>
> Greetings,
>     Stanwood's methods consist of alterations to one or more of geometry,
> weights, and springs.  Action geometry is a MAJOR component of Precision
> Touch Design.

'cuse me.... my understanding of the Stanwood method relating to patent
rights is that the matter is quite precisely defined. Indeed it has to be or
patent laws would be like useless. Your "definition" (if it was meant as
such) is waayyyy to broad to be of any use in this relation. Tho addmittedly
it does accuratly describe the domain he is in. However.. the statement (the
WHOLE statement) Terry writes above is most certainly true. Neither David or
anyone else can be issued a patent for "action geometry". Way too vague a
term.

I think most of this is pretty well covered in the information provided by
the Stanwood Kit.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.