Piano Brand Name Puzzler

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:19:10 -0500

Kimball

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Billbrpt@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 12:00 PM
  Subject: Piano Brand Name Puzzler

  List,=20

  On my first call this morning, I drove to a nice house in a nice, =
quiet=20
  neighborhood.  It was a classically designed, sandstone house.  Inside =
it was=20
  tastefully decorated with hardwood floors and contrasting rugs.  The =
piano=20
  was a 42" Console with a finish that seemed to fit the other decor.  =
It made=20
  itself be part of the whole living room scheme.=20

  As I opened the piano, I saw that it was in good shape and looked up =
the=20
  serial number.  It was built in 1964, making this year it's 37th.  The =

  hammers were perfectly aligned, there was no lost motion, it played =
well and=20
  had a nice round and full tone.  It was just a little out of tune with =
the=20
  season.=20

  I finished tuning it in a little less than 45 minutes and complimented =
the=20
  people on their nice piano.  They were happy to hear my remarks and =
said that=20
  they enjoyed it too.  They added that their son was taking lessons, =
played=20
  every day and that they were enjoying the music he was making more and =
more=20
  all the time.=20

  Inside, I found and old tag that was still there from the days it was =
on the=20
  showroom floor.  There were two quotes on it:  "Quality is not =
inspected into=20
  our pianos, it is BUILT into them!"  and  "Where imagination and =
engineering=20
  work wonders with wood".=20

  Anyone want to guess the brand name of this little gem?=20

  Bill Bremmer RPT=20
  Madison, Wisconsin=20