Teaching.

egzakto egzakto@charter.net
Tue, 09 Jan 2001 21:51:17 -0500

Hi everyone:
I agree, Richard.  I've enjoyed this thread, so here's my comments.
I would say understanding basic tuning theory is important, but understanding
basic piano anatomy is equally important.  Learning the main parts and
understanding how they all work together (without going into too much detail)
would be a good first step. A person would need at least some hammer technique in
order to hear beats, then they could concentrate on unisons, followed by hearing
beats on octaves, followed by setting the ET (and breaking their first
string...heh)
Barb McHugh