Who needs piano technicians?

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 07:31:14 -0500

Move close to your parents. Start by looking in the town they live.
Don't make it an excursion for visiting.  Drop by often, say hi.

Look for a dealer in the area to assist with floor tunings, prep and field work
because it will be  s l o w   going at first.

Regards,

Jon Page

At 05:59 AM 01/11/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello.  I just joined the list and was hoping I could get some advice.
>I am currently in the piano technology program at the University of
>Western Ontario.  The program is ten months of tuning, repairing,
>regulating and rebuilding.  At the completion of the program I want to
>move somewhere on the East Coast of the US in order to be closer to my
>aging parents.
>I am searching for a good place to locate a piano technician business.
>I've been using the internet to find the population and number of
>technicians in a given area.  But I need one more statistic--is there any
>way to figure out the "piano density" of an area?
>Furthermore, is this the best way to go about this search?  How have other
>people conducted such a search?  Has the journal done any articles on this
>subject?
>I would greatly appreciate advice or thoughts anyone has on the
>subject.  I should mention that I am 43 years old, married, with two children.
>Thanks in advance.David WeissLondon, Ontariodjweiss57@hotmail.com

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net