Piano Warrenty/False Beats

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:24:48 -0500

>  Yes there possibly is but why might the bridge pin be loose?

Sloppy drilling, poor bridge cap material, poor wood seasoning, among other
possibilities.

>Could it have something to do with the DC installation and the lid being
kept closed?

Shouldn't. The lid being kept closed should only help the DC system do it
job better.

> What wattages of rods are being used? Is it a complete install?

120 watts. Humidistat (regular calibration - turn on & off around 65% RH).
No humidifier.

The DC system will only help to minimize shrinking & swelling of the bridge
& cap. I don't think the DC system caused any problem. I think it is a
materials and/or workmanship defect.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida