Climate Control Promotion

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:28:52 -0500

Hi John. I like the DC systems quite a bit, but I am disappointed on the
accuracy of their humidistats. Have you ever put the min/max hygrometer next
to the humidistat and checked it for a lengthy period of time (also good to
monitor room RH at the same time)? Also a good excercise is to plug an old
electric clock (no digital) into the humidistat to see how long it runs over
a period of time.

My own observations with many humidistats is that rather than turning on and
off within a few % of 42% RH, the regular calibration humidistats turn on
and off in the 57% to 65% range. I wish I could keep my pianos in the 42%
range.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Lillico, RPT" <staytuned@idirect.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2001 12:00 PM
Subject: Re: Climate Control Promotion

> Hi Roger,
>
> I have many copies of your little brochure "Play It Safe" and the video
"If You Value Your Piano" which I carry with me at all times. I also publish
a quarterly newsletter which I use for a tuning reminder. Every issue
contains some information about climate control. I have even been tracking
temperature and relative humidity with your "Min/Max" hygrometer. Most
recently I have found a supplier for Dampp-Chaser products with whom I feel
most comfortable...... Andre Bolduc!

> What I am about to suggest is based upon my success throughout 2000 in
mailing and distributing copies of the classic brochure "Celebrating 300
Years of the Piano". Last year saw a 28% growth in my piano service business
and I give much of the credit to this keepsake brochure which was very well
received by the public and drew many favourable accolades from clients.

> Should you be able to create such a colourful and informative brochure
depicting the effects of extremes in dryness and humidity, perhaps even with
testamonials, I believe this would be something we technicians would be
willing to purchase in bulk and distribute to our clientele.