Climate Control Promotion

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:54:54 -0500

>My own observations with many humidistats is that rather than turning on and
>off within a few % of 42% RH, the regular calibration humidistats turn on
>and off in the 57% to 65% range. I wish I could keep my pianos in the 42%
>range.
>
>Terry Farrell
>Piano Tuning & Service
>Tampa, Florida

Terry -- I wasn't meaning to horn in on your topic. I had intended that promotional idea to go to Roger Wheelock at Dampp-Chaser. As I head for 60 years, these little goofs seem to be happening more often than I'm able to remember.

But, whilst I'm here, I may recall that humidistats are meant to switch over at from 42 to 48% RH, thus maintaining an average RH environment. If, as you said previously, humidity levels rarely fall below 45% there, you need nothing more than 50w bars run off the humidistat.

While I have your attention, what's this about loose bridge pins. Do they not come in larger (or longer) sizes?

Sorry for the goof.

John Lillico,