Piano Warrenty/False Beats

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 20:33:01 -0500

Hi Dave,

You wrote:
> And is the recapping going to be factory quality (as good as their
factory's
> workmanship) and solve the problem?

Factory quality...  that can mean a lot of different things.  I can't really
speak to Bostons or Kawais in particular since I haven't spent a lot of time
in examination of their factory work.  In general, factory work (and I'm not
referring to any particular factory here) can run anywhere from truly
excellent to awful.  And by the same token, so can the work of rebuilders
run from truly excellent to awful.

Will it solve the problem?  If it's a matter of loose bridge pins, I would
think a quality recapping would solve the problem.  Will such a problem
recur?  With wild humidity swings, it very well might.  No matter how good
we develop our building / rebuilding skills, there's always a threshold
(thinking of environmental conditions) beyond which the thing we built will
not survive undamaged.

Just some more musings from the peanut gallery.

Best wishes,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net