sources for sitka panels

Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:40:06 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@KSCABLE.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: January 15, 2001 10:28 AM
Subject: Re: sources for sitka panels

> and Del still makes panels for sale
> (unless that's changed), so there are still options.

Well, yes, things have changed. We still make our own soundboard panels and
we make them for one or two other rebuilders who are beginning to rebuild
pianos using some of the techniques I've been teaching, lo these many years.
However, we no longer make what could be called 'standard' panels. That is,
all the boards we make now are made to our own specification and are
furnished with our rib designs. We're just not set up to mass-produce
soundboards to order.

Del