oddball posts

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 08:34:33 EST

Greetings,
    I thought I had seen most of the Steinway parts, but recently saw a new
item.  The piano is a 1920 model B.  It was rebuilt at Acme piano in Boston
about 15 years ago.  Ok job.
    The damper posts on the underlevers were of a type I had never seen
before.  Rather than the sostenuto tab being hinged, or just a piece of fiber
inserted as usual, this thing had a small spung tongue that was in a mortise
in the post.  I have never seen any assembly like this, has anyone else?
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT