Weird Wurly

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 07:22:14 -0600

Greetings, List.

Ran across a piano yesterday that was a first for me. It was a WurliTzer
baby grand, model number A-A9-40. The serial number is 195--- (don't have
the details in front of me at the moment).

This piano was unusual in that there was a metal "case" which could be
lifted from the piano, exposing the soundboard and whatever rim construction
it had. This is the only "lid" it has. It certainly is non-traditional--has
anyone seen one of these and was it by chance an experimental design, or
perhaps a demonstration model?

Thanks in advance.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS