tapping tuning pins...

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:21:36 -0800

Well,

The pins were NOT loose...at all; I, along with Wim, assumed they were fine.
I did bring along my car jack (cantelever type) and some 1/2" square planks
just in case I had to do some "tapping." Btw, it was a cruise ship gig, and
WOW!~ I got LOST many times trying to find my way around!

Anyway...AND THIS IS THE B I G STORY!!!!!......After I finished my work, and
was about ready to pack up and leave, the CRUISE DIRECTOR walked up to me
and asked if I had anything to "touch up" the scratches on the ebony S&S
Grand I had just finished tuning. I said "Sure" and proceeded to take out my
trusty black touch up marker...I then began to shake it up....tip came
out...along with a HUGE amount of BLACK INK!!!!!!! ALL OVER THE CRUISE
DIRECTOR'S WHITE OUTFIT AND WHITE SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY
GOD! I just about died! Of course i apologized profusely, and he said not to
worry that he'd go change. After he left, several employees who had seen
what happened came up to me LAUGHING, and saying that they "loved it" and it
couldn't of happened to a "nicer" guy! Evidently, the C.D. had been riding
them about stuff lately. Then it took another 45 minutes just to find my way
outta there! THANK GOD it's over! What an experience.
Btw #2: Thanks to all for your advice on this matter!

Terry Peterson
Associate Member PTG
Los Angeles, CA