Spinet Grand

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 16:18:15 -0700

At 05:39 PM 1/21/2001 -0500, Terry wrote:

>Here is some additional info on Spinet Grand. Mfg. by Mathushek 1937,
>#86180. Size: 37" deep (keyboard to rear) by 60" wide. It has 88 keys
>(very nice set of ivory!) and normal strings, numbers, etc. as on any
>normal small spinet. I have attached several pictures in the email I sent
>directly to you Jack. I am sorry, for some reason the picture I took of
>the whole piano did not come out :-(.

For information's sake, the Chinook Keyboard Centre (Calgary's piano
museum) has one of these as well. I think it came from the Enyedi Collection.

John Ford in NYC used to have a Mathusek "museum" in his store if I recall.
I always wondered what happened to all that stuff. Anyone know?

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
email: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom