Bzzzing Dampers

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:16:14 -0600

Roger & List,

    Back a few years, we had a thread about this very problem.
One of the suggestions talked about was using a good pair of
electric barber's shears and trim _just_ below the string marks
on the felt. If I remember correctly, many can even be done
with the dampers still in the piano.
    I used to have all that info saved but I think I lost it somewhere
when I got a different computer at school. I also can't remember
the exact subject name. Maybe someone else does? Does
"Oinking dampers" ring a bell with anyone? Haven't had a chance
to go check out the archives yet.

Avery