Replacing Key Leads

thepianoarts thepianoarts@home.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:24:25 -0500

Hi Paul,

    I would shave them, in thinking that the worst is over. I don't think
the lead swelled....but it was the swelled wood that squeezed them out.
(Don't breath the dust if you sand, and wear gloves).

If you want to add new lead, Renner makes a 'De-leader' tool, that helps
punch them out. Or, you could save $70 + bucks, and punch them out over a
slightly larger hole, so as to prevent the wood from splitting. But again, I
don't think the lead is the problem.

Dan Reed
Dallas chapter