New, Improved Baldwins

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 02:32:02 -0500

Ron,  thanks for your post about the new Baldwin.

And Roger, thanks for a little of the 'behind the scenes' look at things as
well.

Baldwin has been frustrating to me in years past, because of some of the
poor qualities I had seen as a store tech.  I always did see Baldwin pianos
as having really great potential, but unfortunately, seldom realized.

And I must say I am very hopeful and happy to see Baldwin taking real and
positive steps at realizing the potential that I think has been within grasp
all along.

I know it must be a very large task to try to bring up the quality levels on
a fairly large production scale, and I admire Baldwin for facing the task
head on.  I know at times, I've been pretty critical towards Baldwin for
some of the more obvious problems.  I might even have been a little harsh at
times.  But I don't think I'd have bothered if I hadn't seen potential there
for really good quality instruments.

I'm encouraged, and am looking forward to what I see in the future.

Thanks for the posts, guys.

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net