New, Improved Baldwins

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 04:36:19 -0500

Ron..Roger,

I'm glad to see that the more experienced techs are seeing the new Baldwins
in the same light that I have seen. I was never much of an "L" fan from
their line, but the new ones coming in are a big improvement from what I
have seen working with them over the last 3+ years.

It will be tough to replace the M and the SF as personal favorites, but
please, continue to try!

I also understand the Chickering line is undergoing some big changes..one of
them being that they will no longer be American made..Roger,can you verify?
.. The dealership I work with doesn't carry more than 2 or 3 in a year,
opting for the Wurlitzer line instead..so my experience with them is limited
at best.

Also, no one mentioned the Verticals..just yesterday, I tuned a new '243' on
the floor..I am use to hearing falseness in the top octave..yesterday, I
heard nary a false beat..it was sweet.

Baldwin, if you're listening, please keep up the continued improvements.

roo(k)