Replacing Key Leads

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 07:56:55 -0800

Thank y'all for the quick replies.
     I've seen where  the wood is split.  I'm pretty sure the lead is to
blame.  I surmise that there is some kind of crystalization going on,
like the Young Chang action brackets that grow.  I've already told the
owner that I'm inclined to replace, since it may continue to be a
problem in the future with additional swelling of the lead.  I also have
a Seiler with the same problem in my shop.  An arbor press may be the
best route, and it could be useful for other chores.
    Thanks again for your input.
    Paul McCloud
    San  Diego

--