Replacing Key Leads

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:11:10 EST

In a message dated 01/23/2001 5:02:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Does anyone have any good info on what goes with key lead?

There was discussion of this in the past. I believe it related to the source
of the lead. Manufacturers used whatever was cheap, including old printer's
type, which included an impurity which may have been antimony, which is the
culprit. I'd knock it out and replace it with better lead, even in a cheap
piano - it doesn't take that much longer than shaving and sealing it, and
won't recur.
Bob Davis