New, Improved Baldwins

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:18:06 -0600

>I do, however, have some big problems.  For one, the tuning pin alignment
>on the verticals is really bad in the third octave.  String alignment is
>impossible with the way the strings weave through adjacent pins.

I've posted about this before, because I wondered about it too. It looks to
me like the alternating row of pins (high/low) aren't centered. I assumed
the NC programming got messed up somewhere along the line and no one has
corrected it. I have no idea why not, since it should be relatively simple
and wouldn't interfere with any other process (that I know of). This simple
little glitch alone has cost enough bad press to warrant looking into, I
would think.

>My main beef, though, is with the regulating of the grands we got this
>year.

Have they changed parts, or felt suppliers ? Are they no longer beating
them in and re regulating? At least I thought they cycled new actions
through the "pounder" at least once during production. Maybe they just got
an unpleasant surprise from a materials change. There is some precedent,
after all.

Ron N