SV: SV: tuning timing

Ola Andersson pianola@online.no
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:04:15 +0100

From: David Ilvedson
> A ETD can take a lot of that stress out of the work!  Use your
> ear/brain when it's needed not before.
>
> David I.

Hi

For pitchraising and roughtuning I use a  chromatic guitar tuner
It is Small, Fast, Cheap and Close enough. Costs $30
Saves all energi for the aural tuning
It will pitch raise the piano the exact amount and curve of flatness.
A guitar tuner is so simple that it is fast and practical for this.
Turn it on and it shows what you want to know.
I use it even when I have an ETD at the shop because it's more practical
Can also be used for showing the custumer how flat the piano really is

The technic I use for Pitchraising and Roughtuning (+much more) can be seen on
a video called Aural and Visual tuning by Coleman and Defague
www.jimwcoleman.com/sponsors/pianotapes/index.html
Can be ordered  from pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu

Ola Andersson