Muting behaviour

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:34:43 +0000

Well, how interesting, from all of you.

"His pia mater is not worth
the ninth part of a sparrow" (from Shakespeare´s Troilus and Cressida) some
of you may have thunketh!

This man I mentioned studied in Sweden, if that´s of any interest.

I use a temperament strip for the temperament area and a little bit upwards
depending on the piano.  Then I use a Papps mute in the treble.
For the bass I have a big long leather wedge/mute, (looks really
nice).  When tuning the bass I mute two notes at a time, tune the outer
strings, move the mute down between the next pair and tune the unisons of
the other ones.  Saves a little time, I think.

On grands I use the long leather mute in the treble as well.

Best regards,

Kristinn