Jesse French replacement action?

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:40:19

Ok, so here's the deal:

Client has a J. French console.  Loves the cabinet. Action filled with
plastic parts.  Jacks have started to crumble.  I've replaced a few and
warned of impending implosion.  She really wants to keep the piano.

Plastic hammer flanges, damper levers, backchecks, jacks, and whippen
flanges.  Is it possible/advisable to replace the entire action?  Or, what
is the time estimate to replace all the parts and regulate?  I may have to
refer this one out, not the kind of work I like.

Ron Koval
Chicagoland