More False Beats S&S

Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:21:10 +0100

Farrell wrote:

> Grin... sorry... of course I meant re-seating the strings on the
> bridge... this also is the case if you tap the pins themselves a bit
> deeper into the holes.  Rons comments pertaining to the so called
> "bottoming out theory" and to this string seating buisness jive well
> with my own experience.
>

> Hi Richard. I don't mean to burst your bubble. You have good
> suggestions.  But this is a four-year-old Steinway, and the customer
> is not aware that her  piano is imperfect. Depending on what is
> ultimately the cause of the falseness,  the potential for a warranty
> claim is always a possibility. So, being that the  customer is not
> looking for a solution at this time, and I am not looking for a
> mistake to make, I wish to simply understand

Well... ok.... grin... I wasnt suggesting you tap the bridge pins to
begin with ... I was just offering you a few possible causes of false
beats, and a few red herrings to watch out for... as in the bridge
taping and string seating idea... dont really know what bubble you are
refering to. Perhaps I expressed myself poorly.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.