Concert Tuning Info Emergency

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 21:01:51 -0600

> I enjoy new challenges. Usually. Which is good, because I have just made my
> tuning services available for my very FIRST concert tuning (5 minutes ago).
> Tomorrow. I know how to tune a piano for Mrs. Smith down the street, but
> ANYTHING having to do with a concert situation will be new to me (and
> admittedly, anything to do with a professional pianist).
> -----------------------------
> Terry Farrell

KISS. Just relax. It's a tuning, and you've done tunings before, somewhat
successfully I assume. The most important thing, by my reckoning, is to try to
maintain a sense of humor while tuning in the "wild". The piano is just a
piano, and the people involved are just people. The venue, being outside, is
just the pits but you've survived worse and lived to tell the tale. Show up on
time, communicate with them what's there, and give them what you've got in the
time you have available. It's pretty simple and straight forward if you don't
make it more complicated and traumatic than it really is, and the folks
involved will appreciate the simplicity at least as much as any superhuman
tuning you may produce. Survival first - all around.

Ron N