Concert Tuning Info Emergency

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 12:30:08 +0100

Farrell wrote:

> Also, only after I stated my fee, did I realize that this silly
> festival that my tuning is going to be in the middle of is a huge
> downtown mad house of people and parades and closed streets with
> little if any parking. I doubt that I will be able to leave the area
> and return by 5 PM. I will likely get there by 10 AM and not leave
> until well after 6 PM.

Lets see... if I read this right you are likely to spend 7 to 8 hours on
a job.... (a job includes the time to get there, do the work, and
leave).  I dont know about others, but I charge full days worth of work.
Since I can tune 26 pianos in a day that comes to about 2,500 dollars...
grin.... Seriously tho... You should be charging for a whole days work
if thats whats really required to do the job.

> I wish that I had the forethought to add a hefty hourly standby fee
> for the hours between tunings.

Next time... Good luck my freind. Enjoy yourself and make sure and
listen to the piano during the concert.

Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway