money and big brother

Motspheres@AOL.COM Motspheres@AOL.COM
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 12:28:05 EST

Wim:
In a not so recent case, an association was taken to court at great cost and
threat of greater cost because two members were overheard "discussing" their
own private fees. The whole association was put at risk. This is only one
example. Obviously I am not in agreement with the Orwellian nature of this,
but this is the real world, where what we wish to be isn't. My original point
was that, given the circumstances, we need in general to be wary of even an
appearance of wandering on the edge of this matter. Also, again, this list is
under the aegis of PTG and therefore falls under association communications.
I would ask that we all be careful of this issue since it puts all of us at a
risk which is unacceptable (litigation costs), and not so unforeseeable.
Paul Revenko-Jones