bittersweet day - now recession business

Roy Ulrich ulrich@rangenet.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 08:40:20 -0600

Mr. Rohde and all,

How I do hope you are on target. However, with Willem's store closing I =
guess I'm left with the impression that at least a portion of our =
business is suffering.

My point was that in the past, industries would lay-off and cut back =
etc., but once the demand returned they'd get back on line and produce. =
Far too many of these factories are now out of country. Therefore the =
layed-off employees are out on the street, the buildings are boarded up, =
and people are fighting over lower paying jobs with fewer benefits. At =
least that's the story in my part of the country. If you are not =
experiencing this (yet), congrats, and the best of luck to you!

Roy

  ----- Original Message -----=20