Do no harm

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:17:53 EST

Phil R. wrote;
 <<"Was that stuff verdigris? (I thought it only grew on action centers).
Is this a common  occurrence?   Did I do the right thing?  Will that stuff
clog the agraffe holes again and cause a call-back?">>

Phil in the order you mention.
a.) Yes, probably.
b.) It "grows" on any brass given the right catalyst.
c.) Well maybe so but...you could have cleaned it off. The presence of
verdigris begits more verdigris. A small brass brush, or stiff bristled nylon
brush, along with a little alcohol does wonders for cleaning agraffes insitu.
d.) that "stuff" "glogging" is not what causes the problem it is the stuff
which extends out of and beyond the agraffe hole which dampens the string at
the agraffe hole causing the muting tendency.
My opinion.
 Jim Bryant (FL)