Dyna2 stripper

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 01:45:16 -0500

Dear list,
    I have finally tried the Dyna2 stripper I received. Since I
purchased a gallon I guess that my trial pint was given to someone else.
I must say that I was rather unimpressed.
    Tonight I had some extra time (a rarity) and tried a patch slightly
larger than a square foot. I waited at least one hour as suggested and
scraped off part of the application. I found that several layers
remained on the test patch area and will have to be removed later. Not
long enough, right? I left the remainder for another hour or so and then
tried to remove that. I found that it removed most of the old finish but
was rather spotty in some areas. The part I tried was the large lid
standing on edge with it's long side on the floor. I will say that it
was great at not running anywhere (vertically applied). I would like it
to work a little better overall though.
    I will use this stuff for the case I'm sure since I would rather it
not drip anywhere but where I put it. I can count on this with Dyna2.
I'm sure though that it will take more than one application which I was
not prepared for. I guess I wrongly assumed that I would be done once I
waited long enough and all would scrape away. I'm thinking of using this
for tender areas and the caustic stuff for the rest so I can hope to
finish the project while I still have life and breath in me. I'd be
interested to hear your results if you'd care to share. There should be
at least 8 of you out there who have access to this through your free
pints. Whatcha think?

--
Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté