New kid on the block

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 02 Jul 2001 22:56:40 -0500

> Hi all. I'm a "newbie" at this. I've tuned 17 pianos in the last 3 months so
> am a little past getting my feet wet now. I think I've found a different way
> to tune pianos and the people I've tuned for say it sounds good.

Doug,
This, I must say, is the sort of truly extraordinary technical spirit to which
we live in hope of some day being of some nurturing part. To have produced 17
enthusiastically received tunings in only 13 months is a staggering achievement
for one of so relatively humble an accumulated experience. Considering the
relatively embryonic level of your development as an inharmonicity warrior, you
might well be considered a tuning prodigy, or at the very least an
entrepreneurial spirit of the first blush. Please accept our admiration and
congratulations, sir.

While your grasp of the nomenclature is of a moderately unorthodox nature, your
understanding of both the physical processes, and perceived results of the
process are inarguably of the highest caliber. At your present phenomenal rate
of progress, we fully expect to be receiving reports of your successful tuning
by rumor and insinuation by year's end at the latest. At such time, you shall
be the envy of the worldwide technical community, and your future will be
assured as the star of stage, screen, television, and supermarket openings.
Your mere autograph will some day suffice as a proxy piano tuning, if there's
any justice in the world at all, and we of the humbled and less talented
technical community will forever bask in the reflected glow of having known you
when...

Gosh!

PS: Raise your rates.

Ron N