rescaling

Phillip L Ford fordpiano@lycos.com
Thu, 05 Jul 2001 19:26:25 0000

Del,
--

--
I hope you'll let me attend.
--

>2)    There is no indication at all that the original designers of the
>pianos you're venerating held your view that they were creating works of
>art. This is a fairly recent phenomonon. Yes, they were trying to design
>better pianos, but they fully understood they were building manufactured
>products.
>3)    It wasn't until the businessmen--more recently, businesswomen--running
>these companies killed off the effectiveness of their R&D and design
>departments that the companies themselves began holding up their historical
>product as 'perfect' or as 'works of art.' This approach may make for good
>marketing, but it doesn't improve the product.
>4)    This is not the first time this discussion has come up.

---
Story of my life.  I always come late to the party.  I'm in the process of reading through the archives.  There's a lot of stuff there.  It may take me some time.
---

--
No kidding.  Not people to cross swords with lightly.  Were either of those guys English majors?
--

Phil

>Regards,
>
>Del