restringing bass

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 09:15:52 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/01 12:40:37 AM Central Daylight Time,
stephen_airy@yahoo.com writes:

<< What's the average/best cost for bass strings?  I
 would like to restring the bass section sometime soon
 in my 1913 (sn37123) Ricca & Son upright (10 mono
 notes, 17 bi notes) but I don't know if I have the
 money right now.  I am thinking about using the old
 pins for now (cause i have to be cheap) so I know it
 won't be very stable.  The A1 string length is
 approximately 56". >>

I don't exactly, but a set of bass strings from Schaff runs about $150.00.