Institute Committees Attitudes (was EBVT live)

RWyatt8547@AOL.COM RWyatt8547@AOL.COM
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:31:14 EDT

Dear (Sirs)
     I have worked at the convention for the past 2 years, and you do not
know the particulars on what the Institute committee has to work with. From
the Hotel not holding rooms available for storage, to booking other events on
top of PTGs, dealing with unions, security people that have no idea what is
going on, not having 2 dock doors open at the same time and they do not get
to negotiate the contract. Before you or anyone else runs something down,
maybe you should know the real story on what the IC has to deal with.
     The only attitudes that I have seen are open minded and willing to try
anything that is possible to make the convention better. They start at 5:00
AM and some of the last moves are at midnight. They volunteer to do this and
spend countless hours
from when the last convention ends and the next one starts. And if you don,t
belive this, I am sure the IC would dearly love for you or anyone else to
come and spend the day with them.
                                                          Rick Wyatt
                                                           Associate Member

Proud to be a member of PTG