Tuning Complaint - Client Relationship

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 06:03:39 -0500

On 7/20/01 4:48 AM, "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> The bottom line is do I charge them for a tuning (if they have a pianist
> with an ear and considering climatic conditions, the piano should likely be
> tuned every 2 to 3 months), or should I do a complete tuning for free to
> preserve that "feel good" climate (as unstable as it is!).

Charge them. You have answered your own question quite well. If it were me,
I would explain that my client churches require individualized tuning
schedules. I tune some church pianos monthly, some every two months, some
quarterly. I would ask which new schedule they would prefer and suggest
that, based on their call, it sounds like every two months might be
appropriate.

Kent Swafford