bosendorfer research

Dwight Pile dwight_pile@hotmail.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:31:18 -0400

Hi folks.  New to the list.  I'm Dwight Pile from Ontario, Canada.  Some of
you might remember me from my days teaching polyester finish repairs at PTG
conventions (Bronte Group--Konig).

I have a two part question for you folks.  It arises from a consultation I
am doing for an insurance company.  'Seems a Bosendorfer imperial falling
off a ramp in a forest does make a sound...

1)  has anyone ever experienced loss of crown as a result of a minor
dropping of a piano?  This might sound like a silly question, but that is
what the technicians for the plaintiff are claiming.  Any thoughts?

2)  what would you value a 30 year old Bosey imperial at with a zero crown,
0.5mm downbearing only on the front of the bridge, beaten-up body, cracks in
several ivory keys, and poor regulation and tuning stability?  Please
indicate if you are using U$ or CAN dollars!

Thanks a bunch, folks!  BTW, feel free to ask me any polyester finish
questions, and I'll do my best to answer.  I've just joined, so I don't know
if there are any unanswered mysteries of the glossy variety.

Dwight Pile