prices for tuning in your country?

ANRPiano@AOL.COM ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 07:33:54 EDT

In a message dated 7/30/2001 10:30:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

> My general observation in all this (assuming a reasonable statistical
> sampling), is that piano technician's are not charging enough given their
> time, travel, skill and expertise, and the lasting benefit of what they
> deliver.  Don't be such wimps.  Charge what you're worth.

A couple of weeks ago I had my chimney swept.  Total bill: $195 with a coupon!

Total time: 30 min.

I drive the same type of van, my tools cost at least as much if not more, and
he learned his trade in under one year.  Granted his insurance costs, both
liability and workman's comp will be much higher but still . . .

Food for thought.

Andrew Remillard