Humidity Problems

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 20:39:09 -0500

List,

    Most of you know about all the flood problems here in Houston by now.
I have a question.
    Our new music building has a chilled air-conditioning system, as do most
large buildings now. So, all we're getting right now is cold air (temperature
is thankfully somewhat under control) but no humidity control. I'm talking
about 80% + sometimes.
    We have a "new" Steinway D, bought about 3 yrs. ago when we moved
in and another D, completely rebuilt by someone in the Austin area. :-)
    I'm having all kinds of problems with tight pinning on the "new" D and
none whatsoever on the rebuilt one. Why? The tuning is starting to settle
down on both of them.
    The new one is of course, from New York. The rebuilt one has all parts
from Renner in Germany.
    I've got some ideas but does anyone have any thoughts about why this
is happening the way it is?

Avery