FW: Baldwin Piano Auction

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:55:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi Larry,

I hadn't really heard much about Kimball other
than pianos.  It's interesting, and I thank you
for sharing it with me in more detail.

The story I always heard was something like:

...they built really crappy pianos for so many
years and got such a reputation for building junk
that during their last few years, when they were
really trying to build a nice piano, it was too
late, that the public wouldn't buy them
anymore...

That's the story I was given, but then again, it
was given to me by a piano salesman.

(This particular person is a self-proclaimed
expert on any topic you can bring up.  I once let
him rattle on a bit about some of the financial
markets pretending I didn't know much.  Great
'schpeal', totally out in left field...  so, let
the situation speak for itself.)

Thanks,

Brian T.

=====