easing damper guide bushings

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 18:28:29 -0500

Dear List,
What is the optimal approach to easing/resizing tight damper guide
bushings?
I've got a call-back on a rebuilt Steinway tomorrow. It was rebuilt 10
years ago, and the tuning I did last month was its *first* since then. A
few drops of Protek got the stuck damper wires moving during the pitch
raise/tuning, but they have since seized up again.
While I'm familiar with *various* methods, I'd like to hear what works
best, in the least amount of time ( i.e. sticking bridge pins in while
soaking the felt with alcohol isn't *fast*).

Patrick