89 note piano

Ritchiepiano@AOL.COM Ritchiepiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:37:04 EST

I think David I. has it right. Kawai built some with 2 or three
extra strings in the bass with no action for them. Baldwin
worked with the steel bar through the bass bridge extending
out the back to "fool" the bridge into thinking it was longer.
I assume the Bosendorfer extended scale may have the
same effect.
Mark Ritchie
<<
I ran into the same thing and tossed it around my brain while
tuning...decided it was there strictly to add more length to the bass
bridge and another string under tension contacting it thereby letting
avoiding the last actual sounding string to be at the end of the
bridge...clear as mud?

David I.>>