89 note scale

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 13:44:05 -0800 (PST)

Hi Wim,

You wrote:
<snip>...
>Sure, it's impressive to have those added
> notes, but how many people
> actually play them?

You could ask how many people CAN play them.  How
many people HAVE them to play?  Precious few!

The normal concert venue has a specific piece of
music, written specifically to be played AS
WRITTEN.  (Woe be unto any concert pianist who
might actually add an extra note or two because
he might think it sounds better...)  I don't own
a piece of music for which those "extra notes"
are written in the score.

Set a few Bose Imperials in a few jazz clubs,
TUNE those "extra notes", and stand back and
watch.  It just might surprise you how much those
notes would get used.

Just my opinion.  (Doesn't make me right, but
it's still my opinion...)

(I hope this didn't come across with a "smart
Alec" tone.  I didn't mean it that way.  Just
meant in a friendly conversation kind of way.)

Brian T.

=====
Brian Trout
Grand Restorations