Piano tuning training

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 21:23:05 +0100

Hello

While I can understand that a well made course can be of some help to have
some rhetorical background in regulation and repair, there is a world
between theory and reality.

And I simply cant understand how one can learn to tune without somebody
teaching him (eventually once in the week/month)

The problem in pianos is that when hands on experiment are driven on your
customers pianos, the results are bad for the customer, and for the next
tech which will come to correct your mistakes.

I've seen the program of the Randy Potter course, and have find it very well
made, but learning to repair and tune pianos can't be at the beginning
something you do by yourself alone.

Somebody may be there to show you your errors before things go worse.

That is going so often.

Not enough to be honest and implicated,

All the people I meet who have try to learn by trial and error have loose
much time and done too bad work. They only can earn a living because the
customer quality standard is almost zero most of time, so if they can have
the thing made a bang sound and have a nice piece of furniture in the dining
room they are happy.

So that is my point of view .

Good luck

Isaac OLEG