perfect pitch

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 06 Nov 2001 06:33:43 -0500

Dave,

You remind me of a high school cellist I had as a student.  He also sang in our
choir, which was good enough to garner us state-wide acclaim.  During rehearsal
he provoked me by laughing, so I stopped and asked him what was so funny.  He
responded, "We are going so flat!  Can't you hear it?!"  Well, no, I hadn't.  I
wasn't nearly as aware of that as he was, since he had "perfect" pitch.

The guy loved his cello, won top honors in high school and eventually played
with a professional orchestra in Malaysia.  He was such a charming person, too;
it was a pleasure to have learned to know him.

Regards,
Clyde