carpet cleaning/wasted appt.

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:28:09

Hi all-

I ran into a new one for me last week.  Came to a 'regular' 6 month client
with a 'no name' upright that hardly moves in pitch from tuning to tuning.
Normally, I can expect it to stray no more than 5-8 cents.  (It's normal to
see 30 cent swings or more in Chicagoland.)

Anyway, I showed up for the appointment, and realized the carpet had just
been cleaned, still a little damp...... Checked the pitch and it was +20
cents or so.  Ummm... didn't want to tune it and then have it shift as it
dried out.  Showed up this week and was still a little high (10 cents), but
tuned it anyway.

Another thing to look out for.... I hate blowing off appointments :(

Ron Koval