Pitch Raising

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 14:15:49 EST

In a message dated 11/6/01 1:07:44 PM Central Standard Time,
joegarrett@earthlink.net (Joseph Garrett)
 writes:

> Bill Bremmer & List,
> I've been following this "thread". Yes, Bill, if you use the pitch raising
> program, as I outlined in the PTJ, Dec.1999, it is very possible to get
> "Dead on", with just two passes on a 100cent pitch raise. If it doesn't
> happen, then I would be looking very carefully at the overall structure of
> the "victim piano". If the piano is solid, there should be no problem of
> attaining pitch in two passes.
> As for the "Stretch" factors, that others are advocating, YIKES! They must
> like replacing strings. Some of those "over-shoots" are far in excess of the
> normal sting breakage tolerances. My advice is: DON'T DO THAT!
> Regards,
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

OK, Joe, I'm still skeptical and unfortunately I no longer have that issue
handy but I do have one question:  How long would a 100% pitch raise take
using your procedure?  Could you perhaps outline (briefly describe) that
procedure here?

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin