CA oops

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:36:05 -0500

Embarrasing..but here's what happened:

while tuning a brand new Vertical Black Hi Gloss Poly piano today, the
maker's 'emblem' fell off..it is attached to the section just above the
break on the plate..sooo..I grab the emblem, and my CA, a little dap will do
ya, and re-attach the emblem..no big deal, right?

oops.

Somehow, a little CA got onto the shelf that holds music. It is attached by
6 screws, 3 on either side of the front face(?)..and of course the shelf
itself is ribbed so music won't slip forward on it.

I grabbed the solvent..followed the directions, and made more of a mess than
anyone reading would want to bargain for.

I called the dealer and told them to order a new shelf pronto..in the
meantime, I have this shelf, new Polyester kit, and a willingness to make it
right anyway...but what happen?..would anyone venture to guess why the CA
chose to spread instead of just 'go away' with the solvent?

No, this is NOT a test!,

Phil